Dr. Kalmus has been delivering quality care to San Antonio and South Texas since 1981.
- B.A. – Texas Tech University, 1975
- D.D.S. – University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School, 1981
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- San Antonio District Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Texas Academy of General Dentistry
- Past President, San Antonio Chapter of the Academy of General Dentistry
- American Orthodontic Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
“People are the most important part of my practice. Listening to and understanding your concerns allow us to serve you better. Care and concern combined with mastery of current dental technology allow us to deliver the finest dental care possible. Quality care provides the best value for your investment. Delivered in a pleasant modern environment, with state-of-the-art equipment, our team strives to make every visit an exceptional experience.”
“An obligation of any professional is to be a continual student.” Dentistry has changed immensely over the years that I have been practicing. Today, we have the technology to restore teeth to their natural form, beauty and strength. We no longer have to patch and fill teeth. Active continuing education and association with a variety of professional organizations allows me to serve my patients’ needs and provide value for their investment.
- Fellowship, Academy of General Dentistry, Awarded 1992: Requires 500 hours of post-doctoral education and passing a comprehensive eight-hour examination. Less than 15% of practicing dentists have achieved this status.
- Mastership, Academy of General Dentistry: In progress – Currently, I am working for this prestigious honor. I have completed over 1,000 of 1,200 additional required hours including “hands-on” participation requirements for this professional award.
- Assistant Clinical instructor, U.T. Health Science Center at San Antonio, Dental School. 1981-1988.
- Dr. Kalmus was selected as a Texas Super Dentist in 2008 and again in 2009. This is an award given to dental professionals nominated by their peers for excellence in their field, and is the result of a thorough selection process.
I was born in Ohio, but got to Texas as quickly as I could. The third son of a career Air Force officer, we lived in Ohio, California and Maryland before coming to Texas in 1967. My wife Jan and I moved to San Antonio in 1977 when I started dental school. Jan is a Registered Nurse, a graduate of Angelo State University, and worked at San Antonio Community Hospital while I was in dental school. We are very proud of our daughter Kristen, an O’Connor High graduate and a 2004 graduate of Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. Kristen married Brooks Brininstool on April 1, 2006. Brooks is a new home sales consultant for KB Home. Kristen is busier that she ever thought with her “31 Gifts” business. Check out her product line it is very popular. We are very lucky to be able to spend so much time with Brooklyn, our first grandchild, who was 2 on September 3! Jan stays very busy helping out in the office and spending as much time as she can being ”Nonnie” (Brooklyn calls me Bopa).
Time away from the office is occupied with personal computers, photography, tropical fish, Texas two-steppin’ and, of course, my family. My favorite pastime, however, is scuba diving. I am both a Master Diver as well as a Dive Master. We have been diving in Jamaica, the Caymans, Belize, Cozumel, Hawaii and the past three years in Roatan, Honduras.